Famliy and FriendsAccommodations | Family and Friends | Food and Nutrition | Going Home | Hospital Bills and Insurance | Other Services at Calais Regional Hospital | Pain Management | Privacy / Patient Rights and Responsibilities | Safety and Security | Special Services | Telephones and Televisions | Welcome | Your Hospital Team
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Calais Regional Hospital, and in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established. Visiting hours and regulations are available at the information desk at the Main entrance. Please follow these guidelines. If you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the unit.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital, except the designated smoking areas.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time. Visitors should be considerate of other patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
A meditation chapel is located in the Main lobby area. Visitors of all faiths are welcome to visit the chapel for worship services, prayer and quiet reflection.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients. Please check with the nurse to make sure your gift is appropriate.
Coffee and Gift Shop
The Coffee Shop, staffed by volunteers, has gift items, jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, candy, toiletries, flowers and plants. The Gift Shop phone number is ext.159.
Parking for patients and visitors is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All parking at Calais Regional Hospital is free. Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in reserved areas or certain designated areas. Please be sure to lock your car. If something happens which causes you to need assistance with your vehicle, please call the Security Department.
Besides our Main Lobby area, there are three other specially-designated lounge areas for family and visitors. These are located in the labor and delivery area, the T area of the in-patient unit and the Emergency Department.