Pain ManagementAccommodations | Family and Friends | Food and Nutrition | Going Home | Hospital Bills and Insurance | Other Services at Calais Regional Hospital | Pain Management | Privacy / Patient Rights and Responsibilities | Safety and Security | Special Services | Telephones and Televisions | Welcome | Your Hospital Team
Are You in Pain?
As a patient at this hospital, you can expect:
- Information about pain and pain relief measures,
- Concerned staff committed to pain prevention and management,
- Health professionals who respond quickly to reports of pain,
- Reports of pain will be believed, and
- State-of-the-art pain management.
As a patient at this hospital, we encourage you to:
- Ask your doctor or nurse what to expect regarding pain and pain management,
- Discuss pain relief options with your doctors and nurses,
- Work with your doctor and nurse to develop a pain management plan,
- Ask for pain relief when pain first begins,
- Help your doctor and nurse assess your pain,
- Tell your doctor or nurse if your pain is not relieved, and
- Tell your doctor or nurse about any worries you have about taking pain medication.